Are you confused about estrus synchronization protocols, unsure of when to give injections, or on the fence about using AI on your cattle? The BRTF has a series of tools to help you make decisions and guide you through the process of adopting reproductive technologies.
Estrus Synchronization Planner
The Beef Reproduction Task Force is providing this planner tool free of charge. The Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet assists herd managers in making the right management decisions and establishing a program calendar for each day and each task. The Estrus Synchronization Planner works with your program to:
- Assist with the challenge of planning and implementing some of the more complicated synchronization systems.
- Eliminate errors in the timing of injections, starting and ending the feeding of MGA, CIDR insertions, etc.
- Optimize labor use.
- Provide analysis and comparison of input costs of several synchronization systems.
AI Cowculator App Features:
- Determines the economic feasibility of artificially inseminating your cattle based on a number of inputs.
- Email the results of your calculations with the click of a button.
- Allows you to easily locate nearby estrus synchronization product suppliers.
- Delivers quick access to educational resources and outlets.
- Direct access to social media outlets, where topical conversations regarding estrus synchronization are held.
- Displays a YouTube feed for the AI Cowculator, where helpful tips for estrus synchronization are posted.
Additional Resources and Documents
2023 Cow Estrus Synchronization Protocol Diagrams [PDF]
2023 Heifer Estrus Synchronization Protocol Diagrams [PDF]
2023 Sexed Semen Estrus Synchronization Protocol Diagrams [PDF]
The Bovine Estrous Cycle [PDF]
Detection of Standing Estrus in Cattle [PDF]
Estrus Synchronization–Planning for Success [PDF]
Tips for a Successful Synchronization Program [PDF]