This award was developed to recognize outstanding contributions by those working in the AI industry towards the application or increased use of AI and estrous synchronization by beef producers. The successful nominee’s work should show strong evidence of efforts towards the goals outlined by the Beef Reproduction Leadership Team. This year one award will be for an outstanding veterinary practice and a second category will be for an AI service technician of a company, or someone working independently with producers to implement AI programs. Individuals may nominate themselves. We will recognize one winner in each category. Announcement of awards will be made in conjunction with the virtual version of ARSBC being planned for 2020. Winner(s) to be awarded a cash prize.
The awards committee will be looking for evidence of:
- Shared success between the nominee and producers served.
- Leadership/support and education to new customers
- Promotion of the value of genetic improvement attainable through AI programs.
- Use of sound research-based recommendations to producers
- Evidence of support of goals of the Beef Reproduction Leadership Team
- Promote wider adoption of reproductive technologies among cow-calf producers.
- Educate cow-calf producers in management considerations that will increase the likelihood of successful AI breeding. (Education in this case is more likely to be one on one or by example)
- Educate producers in marketing options to capture benefits that result from use of improved reproductive